It's official. My body has been approved to take on the immense challenge of climbing the Alpe d'Huez 6 times in one day. Yesterday I had the Sports Medical test to check overall health, lung function, heart function, fitness, weight, body fat etc.
So, I have been cleared. After going all out in 12 minutes in the exercise test, upping 15 Watts every minute, I gave out at 255 Watts. On average, I can put out 3.5 Watt per kilo. That's such a cool statistic. Apparently it's not enough to get to the top 6 times and the sports physician told me that with these numbers it would be unlikely I would get to the top that many times. Even with training. I still have time though, and am definitely not giving up. Just a few extra miles here and there. Keeping up with the new training Teun is setting up for me. Tomorrow morning, first on the bike to the fitness (45 minutes) then training (2 hours) that should count for something, should have some effect. The more I think about people telling me I won't make it or it can't be done, the more I feel challenged to prove them wrong!!!! Maybe, I just realized, it was the best pep talk the guy could have given me effectively LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment